PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA 1-11 Sim Check at Cranebank
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2006, 13:32
adm100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

Just to add my bit……….
I did the BAC 1-11 SSP sim check about 2 weeks ago. My assessor was a really nice guy. He took me (and the other guy doing it that afternoon) to have a coffee, bit of a chat and he put us at ease. He said he was a 757 training captain but would do 1 or 2 days a week doing the 1-11 sim check, so you might have him on your test. I don’t know what any of the other guys are like.

He then took me to a classroom and gave me a ATIS, a departure plate and a ILS plate and ‘15 mins’ to plan. (but in reality he gave me much longer). To work out the 5000’ wind, I veered the ATIS wind by 30 degrees and doubled it, and that seemed to work out ok with my headings in the hold etc.

My ride was pretty much as detailed above except that I was asked no questions while flying. I know 3 other guys that have done the SSP recently and none of us were asked any questions (although I’d still go there expecting some!). My flight went ok except the assessed ILS which was not stable and was close to being out of limits. At about 400’ above decision alt I decided to go around and then he vectored me round for another go which went much better, and I passed, so I guess if things don’t go how you’d like it’s probably not as bad as you think.

When we finished the flight he asked me why I’d chosen to go around and that was the end. I got told a week later by phone the result. Normally if you get a call, you’re in. And an e-mail means you’re out.

The last thing, on my briefing it gave the attitude for the ILS as zero, but me and my mate seemed to think it was more like -2 degrees to maintain the glidepath

Last edited by adm100; 30th Jun 2006 at 23:29.