PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly Asian Express Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2006, 07:50
EY777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free Trade?

confirm-finals?, while it may be true that an ICAO recognized license is an ICAO license, the respective CAA's, FAA's & the likes have their peculiar requirements with reference to the conversions of said licenses.These restrictions are put in through the respective's government policies.Even if it means that attached restrictions be placed on your flying licenses.If you want a straight conversion, I believe most regulators will allow it, like you said go through all the hoopla of written & flight test, but that wouldn't be financially wise

As you said, the flying schools are full, in time all the flying jobs in Malaysia will be filled up.Heck! I remembered just roughly 13 years ago the local papers were printing sob stories on young blokes who spent the family fortunes to get a license but found jobs were wanting, even MAS cadets were clamouring to fly the Twotters!These same blokes are all flying now (some are captains or even expats now!).It's economics 101 (supply & demand).Basically we are still on the rise of the job wave in Asia now & it will be for some time if the expansion of Mid-East, India & China civil aviation industry is taken into account.Malaysians can afford to be picky The catch is, these operators will want more 'bang' for their bucks, meaning if they have to employ expats, they want these pilots to be type rated & with min hours on type.So no free lunches

Anyway, back to the topic again, I believe at the moment, FAX want to pull a fast one & see which sucker (pilot?) will bite the rotten cherry that they are dangling.I don't have the exact figures CAT IIIB, but like what virtual reality said, it's much,much less than what MAS is paying their pilots or even mainline AK (Air Asia)!I believe when they can't get the said pilots, they will open up to expats, but I won't hold my breath coz looking at their track record they won't pay expats anything but local terms!