PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Airlines
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2006, 23:48
crib08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
too many bad eggs in one basket

I have been working at monarch for four and a half yrs. In this time I have come across one person that fits the description of whom you all talk about.

Thank god she has now left (good luck bmed). If the people werent kept on and had nothing negative on there record, then you cant blame the airline. If they didnt need the numbers for the winter, thats life. I was recruited into monarch 2 months after 9/11, I had no sickness, no lates and no complaints and I got kept on as other airlines were still laying people off.

It all goes on forecasts of pax figures, if they dont need you they are not going to pay for you to be in the maldives if your not required. In the time I have been working for monarch, I have thoroughly enjoyed it. The people at BA say we have it hard, thats wrong, you just have it easy.

I couldnt work for an airline that does 4-6 services on a 10 hr flight - how boring. Charter is all the same, you get out of it from what you put into it.

I will never big up any airline,they all have there bad points. But to bad points there has to be good points.