PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Picket Pilot's
Thread: Picket Pilot's
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2006, 23:23
cargo boy
I've only made a few posts so I don't feel the need to order a Personal Title and help support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cargo boy - My understanding of the big rise at Virgin is that it was actually last year's deal. From my conversations with a friend, who is a Virgin pilot, I understand the deal covering this coming year is actually only just above inflation.
Just had it confirmed and been shown the agreement document. In July the f/o hourly pay goes up 24% from £13.66 to £18.26. Basic pay goes up 2.5% in January and it's all pensionable. LoL goes up as I indicated. PHI covers both basic pay and hourly pay. There's a few other things but I think that as a 750 hour a year airline they have done pretty good this year again, considering that they get free food, uniform, 35+ days leave, day off payments if they want to help out, +15% from the company pension contribution, PHI, and days off down route that don't count towards their yearly days off.

A classic example of what a high Balpa membership and a CC that is working with the company to make it a win-win situation all around unlike some Mick airlines where you are really afraid of the boss and his henchmen and even thinking about collective bargaining is considered a heinous crime. Record profits just announced show that it can be done.

Good luck anyway and get your CV in as they seem to like ex-easyJet pilots from what I've heard.