PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MYTHBUSTERS AND UNISA SEMINOLE
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2006, 21:18
tlf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Signature
I understood that the 'new' MPC was born of the remaining front bits of Parafield's PA44, and a PA44 that glided into a tree after excessive flt time without refuel (At YMMB in front of then premier J Kennett at crowns' golf course just upwind of 35R).

Worked out quite well, good spar and engines UNISA, the other had good empenage and had rego. Somewhere in the middle this unlucky bastard was born. Rebuilt at MB, then relocated to BK for work with the same company...

Nothing wrong with a re-born plane...

In my opinion, the calculations would be easier assuming full power (max RPM). Slices would be much closer with a three blader. Prop blades would be on fine pitch stops until reasonably high speeds (airspeed happily alive). If you knew the spacing of the bites, and the RPM, you could then calc the the forward speed. Either way, doctors, dentists and lawyers should not be given the keys to balistic singles.

OK now that I can believe, left wing and nose components of KBZ used to repair MPC. That makes sense, the rest of KBZ was trash.