PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flt Lt David Morgan, Lt Cdr RN?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2006, 19:00
BEagle

Received 279 Likes on 113 Posts
Mine arrived yesterday from BigRiver via the Vulcan to the sky on-line webshop - so the retailer's commission went towards getting 558 airborne again.

Top read, Mog!

Regarding PTSD, it seemed to me after GW1 that the best thing to do was to get back into the 'peacetime' job asap, and then go on leave once back in the 'normal' environment - I'd been a 'reinforcement' VC10 captain, wrested from my cosy UAS existence teaching some excellent people how to have fun when flying. So after flying the jet home from KKIA via a very heavy session in Palermo and a 4-ship beat up at Brize (the buggers at Abingdon wouldn't even allow a flypast....) then begging a lift to pick up my car from the other side of the aerodrome, I unpacked, then went back to the UAS the following day. Did a GH trip and a FAT, then back into the swing of things. So it was that on 22 Feb 91 I'd flown 2 x Op trips, both were 4+ hours supporting Buccs and Tornados - but on 22 Mar 91 it was 4 x 'dog trips - Air Experience, SCT Descending 2 and GH with Boss Hog, then GH/Sector Recce with one stude (now a top Chinnie mate) and Circuit consol with another (became a RM officer). A good transition to normailty - but the odd noise now and again still sounds like the Scud alarm even after 15 years.