PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whats wrong with TACA.
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2006, 15:59
a320skybus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down LOSER

Your writing stinks and you have the mind of a 3rd grader. U.S. company's require 4 year degrees to keep people like you away. Freeloader
Originally Posted by Fulkrum
You'll have to be from Central America, when I called they told me they didn't have any openings, after a brief conversation I suggested to stop by and drop off my resume and told them I am from there, the mood changed quite rapidly and was shown a little more interest and was told there would possibly be some openings soon.

My respects for the fine gentlemen who labor for TACA, and do feel for them about the way they have been treated by "lower management". Sadly... the ineptness of lower management is not necessarily attenuated by economics such as here in the U.S. You should see the kind of power an untrained and unneficient $8.00/hr "Rampie" has over a pilot here in the States, If you do decide to go over to Central America and earn your living as a pilot... Be prepared to be respected a little more by the general public, be prepared that people are more down to earth, be prepared to eat more delicious foods, be prepared to live a simpler life.

I'm really looking forward to being hired on with these folks, as I said earlier I personally dropped my own resume at their Guatemala office, they ask for 1500TT and your ATP, forget about the 1500 PIC 121 stuff, no such thing as a 4 year college degree from a recognized university (I guess they require such thing here in the states so that they know "you've contributed to the local economy by going in debt $80K in student loans").

I agree with what I've read from other threads... "Get a business on the side and use your flying money for play only". The pay is probably not the greatest anymore, "The Dream" has died because "Corporate America" killed it, but try to enjoy yourself "Living the Dream". Remember... "we are Aviators as we are Professionals... we are Dreamers as we are Airline Pilots".

You can post your e-mail here and I will gladly give you more information including key phone numbers and emails to individuals in TACA. Because of all the drama and crap that I read here....I don't really visit the forums that often because it depresses me and I'll probably finish up with a couple of drinks by the time I'm done reading the first thread. (Imagine what it could do to my health if I visited the forums daily...!!! LOL)

Personally I'd rather earn little and still do what I love because I do it with passion... Being in this profession for a couple of years now I've taken money out of the picture and adjusted my life to what my job pays me. "New Car"??? "new condo"??? not for me, I've learned to live in a very simple way, you create your own mood I guess

Good luck to you, and follow your professional dream no matter where it takes you, it is still a noble profession, make the best of it!!!

Cheers to all!!!