PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA "Deli" !!!!
Thread: BA "Deli" !!!!
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2006, 12:42
traveller5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting that BA treat the LGW operation as a different company! It is noticeable that there are minimum crews and on another LGW trip to Rome, I noticed that there was a safety issue during taxi. 1 crew member stood at the front reading the safety thingy, 1 stood in club pointing out exits and one stood at the front of economy- which was from row 4 back. Between row 4 and the back of the aircraft and in the back galley area there were no crew members. Even at the end of the safety brief, all 3 crew were in the front galley.
Now, most of you will ask if I mentioned anything and no I didn't. Why? Because it's not my place as a passenger. If BA sees fit to place 3 crew members on a full 737, saving on wages etc, but at the cost of safety, who am I to do anything? I'd probably be accused of BA bashing on here, anyway, if I do make an issue of it. I'm a regular BA traveller and see this situation getting more apparent. While on BA 747s it's less of an issue, I have jokingly been told by my mother that she couldn't see the safety brief from the back row of economy on her flight, as the crew stood right at the front. She laughed it off, but I think these things do get overlooked.

ps this post is NOT a BA bash, but observations.