PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vpaw Contract
Thread: Vpaw Contract
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2006, 08:08
Along for the ride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
?

"Certainly the person I spoke to after his interview felt a large percentage of the interview questions did not relate to flying. Any first hand experiences out in Pprune land?"

It is important to remember who was employing this person. "Police Air Wing". I would expect that there would have been alot of 'police' questions during the interview.

If any pilot considered themselves a suitable candidate to be employed as a "Police" pilot and backed himself for the job, then they should have done some homework and learnt as much as they can about the potential employer.

I would suggest that any pilot who thought it would be his flying hours alone that would win him the job, was misguided.

Keep in mind that ther have been a large number of police members employed as pilot at PAW over the years, including most of the past CPs'. External recruiting has seen a number of very experienced ex-miliatry and civilian pilots employed also. It has provided a good mix of experience. That's one reason why it is a great place to work and has been so successful.

Also note how the PAW started in the first place over 20 years ago- A bunch of Police that had private pilots licences that flew on weekends as an outside interest!

The goal posts haven't been moved.

Congratulation DL. Well done, about time!

Last edited by Along for the ride; 28th Jun 2006 at 08:33.