PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 2
Thread: BRISTOL - 2
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2006, 04:58
Harry the Hound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe EZY just cannot provide enough crew, simple answer i know, but probably correct going on the chats I have with EZY crew, also as MV mentioned before, a lot of the routes axed for winter are really summer only La Rochelle, Mahon, Reijka, quite suprised with Pisa and Valencia though, as for Budapest I'm sure its a lovely city but cant imagine many people wanting to go there in the middle of January, its dull and cold enough here thank you, shame bout BE but who's really suprised after the brown nosing that has gone on 70 miles south, i mean even the new extention on the front is BE colours.
At least on the funny side, can you really see any other operator wanting to go in to EXT? Not even the South Wests own airline wants to operate from the South Wests 2nd busiest airport, what does that tell you?
So probably any potential routes/airlines looking at EXT are going to see that the place is so 1 sided that they wouldnt get a look-in.
I spoke to a FCA GOC who said even they in the winter have been either unable to let pax off as a BE was coming on stand and took priority to off load or the same situation boarding flights with BE taking priority, and this is with the only charter mad enough to operate down there, albeit just in winter, apparently some of the flight deck were Livid!
Sorry didnt mean to go EXT bashing then, it just popped out, i guess what i'm saying really is that the loss of BE in BRS is nowt to worry about in my opinion, as MV put it, makes way for new growth