PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus admits further delay on A380
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2006, 22:09
CanAV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airbus as a whole is in serious trouble. A380/A350 problems are bigger than they are letting on. Investors including one of their biggest (BAE) and their CEO are dumping stock. Airlines are getting cold feet and any more delays could mean curtains for the whole project.
Many talk about the 380 but the failure of the 350 as of yet is the real problem. Boeings 'Sonic Cruiser' was the best head fake in aviation history. The 787 has been on the drawing boards for a while and was announced after Airbus commited to its mega project. Airbus has spread itself thin and they know it.
As a North American working in Europe I have heard my fair share of negative Boeing propoganda. The editor of Flight recently called Airbus the 'Worlds leading commercial aircraft manufacturer'. Says who? Last time I checked Boeing had sold more 737's than Airbus has aircraft.
We have a down turn in the industry ahead and Boeing have a clear lead in the race ahead. Boeing stock is way up and EADS is sliding. Where would you put your money?