PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA 1-11 Sim Check at Cranebank
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2006, 21:46
Mooney12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes buddieboy Im sure you'll be glad to hear the ssp ride is a little different......

You get some practice beforehand....take-off, some general handling and then a manual ILS....

The instructor then sits in the seat beside you..you get to chose which seat you want to use. He will tune navaids/set-powers (you have to tell him exactly what percentage you want however)...So he's not there to really help you, just to make it fair.

The profiles is as follows:

Take-off - SID - STAR - HOLD - Procedural ILS to land. + some GH en-route.

No emergencies but plenty of questions throughout to check your capacity..I got asked for ETA's for seemingly every point in space! I also got a load of random sums thrown at me like whats 56-17 etc....But it depends on the instructor what types of questions you get.

I feel one of the most important aspects of the check is situational awareness. If you get asked where you are, you better know! Plus make sure you always know were the wind is, don't go holding drift on the wrong side...

Be aware that in a jet max drift isnt simply half....

They have a load of different airports they use, so no point going into that.

One thing that does seem common is the first thing they will tell you is to disregard what you've read on pprune!

Good Luck