PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 2
Thread: LUTON - 2
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2006, 16:49
King Pong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Powerjet1
The area which had new tarmac laid and was being worked on last night, extended from the front, ie, by the predestrian walkway/screen, to about 60/70 yds into the carpark. My initial impression was perhaps the area was going to used as an additional drop-off zone or some other improvement to increase traffic flow in the CTA, but now i'm not so sure. Infact, it looked just like a simple new tarmac layer onto what was the disabled parking area. It may be just that simple, who knows?.
Seeing that the runway has now been resurfaced the resurfacing gang have turned their night shift attention to the short-term car park. They will also resurface a small strip in the staff car park before the end of the month.

It is ironic after years of moaning about the state of the short term car park I am now disappointed to see it being resurfaced as it does not look like a new apron will be built here. It might just be the case that as the guys are getting paid anyway they might as well do something particularly if there is surplus material.

Someone here must know what is going on???