PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2006, 14:18
airsound

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Hesitate to interrupt the flow of esoteric argument about putative degrees of negligence, but thought y’all might be interested to hear the latest in the saga of one particular letter to the Minister of State for the Armed Forces (that nice Mr Ingram, bless). Have to warn you - progress is microscopically small.

Anyroadup, the story so far - new readers begin here (others forgive) - I have said to Adam Ingram in a letter on 2 June “So I ask you one more time - and this time I would really appreciate an answer - what was the further evidence, presented to him (the Secretary of State) in 1997 and since, that changed his opinion from one of an injustice to that of negligence with absolutely no doubt whatsoever?” Last week, not having had an acknowledgement, I phoned and spoke to someone in the Ministerial Correspondence Dept (ooher, Missus), who assured me that The Minister Himself had signed my reply on 20 June. It hadn’t arrived by yesterday, so I phoned again - and, surprise surprise, “there had been a database problem,” and my letter hadn’t been dealt with after all.

So, I hear you cry, what was this progress of which you speak? Well, I now have the direct dial phone number of this sad guy in Min Corr - and, believe me, when dealing with the Monastery, that’s a step forward of at least an inch or two, if not several cms.

Watch this space, but don’t hold your breath......

airsound