PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates and the A380 (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2006, 11:04
ExSimGuy

Sims Fly Virtually

Location: Used to be 3rd Sand Dune from the Left - But now I'm somewhere else somewhere else.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(from Telegraph link earlier) Boeing's new 787 Dreamliner, a super-light design of carbon composites, will use far less fuel
Um Isn't there a few other differences? Less fuel, admittedly, but just a tad less pax!

How do you market a double-deck sardine-can to customers
Maybe a lot easier than marketing a plastic airplane (airfix?)

Now, apart from being a Brit ( ), I'm NOT pro or anti either company - and I fly a lot in both brands. IMHO, as a pax, I can see good arguments for both DreamLiner and A380. I hope they both do well in the markets that they are aimed at!

Boing chose to laugh at ScareBus' idea of 500+ seats, and take a different approach. But now they are pushing the idea of "higher-capacity 747". When the 74' was first introduced, they suggested that "the top deck will eventually go all the way back", but then stopped working on that idea (maybe engines back then were not up to it) but now that A380 is knocking at the door, they are back on the "Super-Jumbo" track Sounds just a bit like sour grapes to me.