PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 27th Jun 2006, 10:43
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keeping up appearances

unfortunately laser it is all about that. i have also had the misfortune about of hearing that the poor sods that are out on patrol are in the lightweight version of the land rovers as amoured vehicles offend the locals.

memo to des browne....i'm afraid sir that there is disgruntlement amongst the public of great britain as the killing of soliders due to incorrect or lack of equipment is also rather upsetting to say the least!!!GET IT SORTED!!! i am aware though that the general feeling is this.... !

what does it take to get the man to listen, instead of hiding his head in the sand hoping that i'll go away. des, i'll still be here when you are ready....i'm going nowhere. i WILL get the legacy in place for those men who died. you can continue to hide behind your answers about the breaching of security that you've got off pat, but ultimately you know we are not breaching security or compromising those already out there. it's a wide known fact that the plane was brought down so no amount of talking about it after the event is going to hide the fact!

i had it pointed out to me that 25 men have died as a result of having the misfortune of being in a snatch land rover, couple that with the 10 that died on the hercules and the poor sos that was on foot patrol when the IED went off that gives you a total of 36 men...roughly 36% ish of those who died in iraq because the government failed to provide the proper equipment for it's soliders. i saw a news article a while back with a canadian (i think) soliders in their amoured vehicles. an explosion went off, the cars were shunted into one another and the loud bang that was caught on camera was actually a suicide bomber driving into the patrol. the soliders were saved and the explosion was deflected killing people in the market. yet again, i ask this simplistic question. why can't we provide our soliders with the same and lead by example instead of following? i know what i'd prefer.