PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford
Thread: Stapleford
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2006, 07:20
dobbers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst I would normally let people use this forum for what it is a "rumour network" I feel the time has come to put down a few facts as it seems from some of the above that there are some who wouldn't let a fact spoil a good storey!

Here goes in no particular order,

Yes Emma Drakeford did leave the company, it was decided that the role was too important to take 'just anyone' on to replace her and so despite interviewing many people, most who had some but not all the qualities required, it has taken until now to find a replacement. Lisa Green is the new course co-ordinator & will be the first point of contact. Whilst we were filling the post it was the case that the role was shared by myself, Brian & the operations manager.

With regard to CPL/IR training, we are extremely busy but we have been commercial training for over 40 years so believe it or not we do know a bit about scheduling students/instructors/aircraft/simulators. One CPL instructor is soon to leave but 2 more are finishing training. We have trained up a further 4 IR instructors in the last 2 months & have 2 new MEP instructors.The simulators are available from 0600 until 2000 and please bear in mind the devices are FNPT2s ie flight navigation & procedural trainers. Therefore both the AL200 & AL200DA42 sims are available for basic IR training we have had good results with students that start on the generic sim & transfer to the specific DA42 sim later. Remember that we train for an airline career NOT just to pass the test.

On the same thread , we have found the best method of instruction is to actually fly 1 sim or aircraft session per day & backseat another 1 or 2. We actively discourage students from doing 2 flights a day because the second slot generally is wasted because the student is tired & hasn't digested what was learnt on the first sortie. I'm sorry but we are not & will never be a 'sausage factory' pumping out people who learn a CAA test centres routes, we put in more than that & our present pass rate (which I can substantiate) is over 90% 1st series pass rate & mid 60% at first attempt underline that fact.

As a company we never never sell our courses on 'jobs at the end' marketing as some who should know better do. I can again substantiate that there are 30+ airlines who have taken Stapleford students & instructors over the last few years so the myth that only integrated course graduates will get jet jobs is a total nonsense. We have seen a large take up by Ryanair from our courses this year, primaraly because of the standard of student they recieve from us. I do have contact from those guys in recruitment at Ryanair but I dont chase them rather they contact me for personal references. I certainly dont know where the story above re me contacting the HOT at Ryan comes from, it is simply not true. Apart from Ryanair we have 3 guys who recently finished the frozen ATPL with us walked into Astraeus & completed the B757 type rating and are currently completing line training before going on line.So anything is possible!

Finally let me add to the thread above. if you are in a desperate rush to do a CPL/IR you will not get a place with us, unless you are already booked into our schedule, until late summer & later still if you require accommodation.

Good luck to all of you doing your training either at Stapleford or any other provider.