PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 27th Jun 2006, 07:13
lasernigel

OLD RED DAMASK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As said before am ex squaddie but have RAF interests at heart as my Uncle is an ex pilot.This excerpt from yesterdays commons defence questions just sums up the attitude of this goverment.Full of empty promises and not wanting to resolve anything in the short term as they put it.So more lives lost needlessly.
Chappie All the best and keep up the good work.
Nige YYou have done lots and I presume you are extremely busy behind the scenes..well done.

As said sorry for cut and paste but this just sums up the whole Armed forces situation.

Des Browne: The hon. Gentleman has made a good point. The Snatch Land Rover was a popular option earlier in the campaign in Afghanistan, because it was mobile and a good all-rounder, and had the right profile to help our troops to engage with the people of Basra in Multi-National Division (South-East). I think Members will appreciate that a vision of our troops thundering down narrow streets with battle tanks was not exactly what we wanted to convey to the people of Basra and other parts of south-east Iraq.

Things are changing. As I have said, the level of violence in Basra has increased. I will not go into detail for obvious reasons, but the weapons that the terrorists are using have changed radically, as I have seen for myself on visits. I have seen that that is a serious issue, and have asked for a review. There are medium and long-term plans relating to vehicles, and I shall be considering what we can do to respond to the situation in the short term—although we do also respond by means of tactics and operational instructions.

So appearances to the locals are more important than soldiers lifes...What total BS.