PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA ATPL Ground Exams
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2006, 02:16
sicky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Neil, i forgot about this thread. Yes, i flew. Took me out in a Warriro, and it was bloody great. I couldn't stop smiling for days afterwards - he let me do as much as he safely could let me do.

I taxi'd, took off, flew, and made the whole approach, obviousley under guidance but it was such a great feeling.

I was excited/nervous/trying to take in as much as i could about what i was doing, trying to notice when to do things, and take in a bit of scenery all at the same time. At least i didn't have to use the radio amongst all that

I felt really comfortable with the flying though, i'd like to know his honest opinion as to how well he thought i did, although a few lessons would be better for that.

I'm busy trying to sort out an application for FTE amongst applying for sponsorship schemes. Can't make my mind up if i can afford to apply for the Thomas Cook scheme at Oxford though. I was recommended to go all the way at an integrated school rather thna do my PPL first though, due to training techniques amongst other reasons.

So thanks for asking, i took your advice and i'm glad i did, so thanks for that too.