PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VBlue becoming Ansett
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2006, 23:58
Deejay 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recall VB used to keep the Air Fair tm.

Seems to have disappeared somewhat.

Recall seeing a Four Corners story on them prior to launch, where Sir Richard or the Brettster said they would never have lounges nor a FF program.

Should never have said never gentleman.

All I know that if I were to travel with kids, QF is likely to get the nod even if they were $20 - $30 return pp more expensive. Why?
QF give kids FREE kids packs, $10 on VB. Both ways. They feed the kids, $??? on VB. Both ways. There is free headsets, $??? on VB. Both ways.
And as a parent of one child who doesn't like face painting, I don't get my face painted, and end up looking like some pre school finger painting walking off the plane!

The Patrick/Toll merger will certainly change things, but as to whether they decide to really go head to head with QF is another thing.
Does their LCC model allow for this? To truly compete they will need to go 2 class service, not just charge extra for an exit seat.

Singapore Airlines (and the Star Alliance carriers) though might have other ideas as it must be hurting them without any reciprocal rights in this part of the world.