PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2006, 21:50
Mackilt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TrembleInAmf
A mere 3 months after being told i would be rung inside 2 days, and after me ringing them 3 other times, to correct my pay grade, they have rung and told me my pay will be correct by the end of July . I did have the gaul to ask if i would get a mid month payment for the outstanding amount, to which i was told "we don't do mid monthly payments".

Since when, who said so, why wasn't i immediately informed. Oh sorry i forgot "Service before Self". Must keep that at the fore front of my thinking or i might get upset at not being paid properly.
Who's the lucky one then? They actually called you back
A collegue in the same office as me has had pay problems for the last 2 months and has been ringing the JPAC every week since the beginning, they would promise to call back, (within 2 days, then 24 hrs then 2 hours, which they never did!) would pass him from pillar to post give a different excuse everytime, tell him he wasn't the only one with problems. (Do you really give a damn who else has problems when you are £300 pounds down?)
Finally he spoke (yet again) to the desk and the young lady told him that 'THEY DON'T DEAL WITH PAY MATTERS!!!!!!!' and he should talk to his local HR (PSF). Off he trundled to HQ and low and behold they could access the system and make the required changes!
Turns out he had been put on a course and moved into the barrack block, (on paper) when he already had a married quarter on camp. Of course they had started charging him food and accomodation and never bothered to take him off at the end of the course. Not that they should have moved him in in the first place.

As for 'Service before self' well I think you can all guess the point of view taken by those of us at the grindstone. "S w them!" If they want to run a business best they get some real managers in and start considering their planning strategy's. Just don't get me started on the T93 radar.

LoL better shut up now someone else might have something to say!

Have a good un!