PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2006, 16:47
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jobza Guddun
Could anyone with a bit of knowledge suggest why, or has anyone else seen this? Bit of a bugger as I'm waiting on the results of a promotion board, and assuming I would be successful, that lack of data could have seen me go anywhere! (probably would have done anyway!)
JG
Two possibilities spring to mind. One is that your 'update' didn't make it all the way to the server. When you checked after updating it was in cache but you logged out or switched off before the cache was cleared.

The other is a simple system glitch (ie finger trouble) that now, after 10 years I can confess to. Simply your information got through and was held in the current store but someone managed to restore the system to a point before your update and then failed (that's what I did) to add in the latest temporary cache files.

These are of course pure guesses as I have no idea how the system is actually supposed to work but it would be well to check the next day after the overnight backup run.