PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford
Thread: Stapleford
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2006, 15:33
AreYouForReal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stapleford after ur atpl's

Originally Posted by Varun
I have to agree with too sleepy, Stapleford seem to be biting off more than they can chew at the moment and I have had a bad experience with them.

I have since chosen to go to another Flight School and the response from my new choice has been great, I only wish I had gone to them first!
I completely agree with the fact that stapleford have bitten off more then they can chew. Emma Drakeford has left and a chap called Brain Pepercorn is now sharing her job resposibilities, which is no mean task, but everyone i have spoken to says he is doing more then an amazing job.
I can say though that they are taking more and more people on for cpl and IR, with it looking like over 16 people doing IR at one time, and there is only 1 dimond sim. From what i can gather, you'll be doing well to be getting one sim slot a day, and as 35 of the 50 hours is done in the sim, the maths doesnt quite add up to completing the IR course in 5-6 weeks as advertised
I have also heard of people moaning alittle with the number of cpl instructors, as there doesnt seem to be enough. All in, more people then they have enough instructors for, but let me just add, I have never heard a bad word said about the standard of training, and the instructors, just the efficiency of the running.
Look around at other places if u are in a rush, but if u want the added security of possibley the best CPL IR pass rate in the country, stapleford seems to be the place.