PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yobs throw rocks at air ambulance
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2006, 14:08
Whirlygig

Hovering AND talking

Location: Propping up bars in the Lands of D H Lawrence and Bishop Bonner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...and your suggestion is?

I'm not denying that a babe is born sin-free and I do not believe that badness is inherent in people (unless they have some form of psychosis) BUT the factors that have created this level of behaviour can be reversed. The speed at which it is reversed may not be quick enough for society to cope with. Yes, maybe their mummy didn't hug them enough or maybe daddy didn't play footie with them enough but that doesn't solve the solution now does it?

I merely made an alternative punishment sugegestion to the hang 'em high/chop 'em off brigade with whom I do not agree!

As for this ..."so a kid throw rocks at something" ... do you fly a helicopter for a living? This is a bit more severe than throwing a stone through a neighbour's greenhouse?

Cheers

Whirls

Edited after your second post which was very quickly cut and paste from some publication.

I have no idea where you live but I live in one of the poorest areas in the country, Norfolk. It also has one of the lowest crime rates. Go figure! the "deprived" areas are not necessarily the poorest.