PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The MCC Debate: CTC or elsewhere ??
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2006, 20:19
Sky Wave

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
I think the question is, who do you want to work for? If you aspire to fly a big jet, I believe that CTC is the best way. If the airlines are not your thing then take the cheaper option. I personally do not see CTC as an MCC course. I see them as a recruitment agency that just happens to have an MCC course as part of their selection process.

Just remember that getting that first job is extremely difficult, and the great thing about CTC is that everyone that is up to the standards gets placed into the holding pool, will get a type rating paid for and will get free line experience whilst getting paid a small allowance. Once your six months is up, assuming you get offered a permanent contract you will be on full FO pay.

When you apply to the few airlines that take low houred pilots you're application may get thrown out by computerised systems and they are only ever looking for a certain number of pilots. You may also end up having to self fund your type rating and you could spend the next two years waiting for the non-Easyjet job offer. That being the case you would have lost out on 2 years flying experience and two years worth of seniority at you preferred airline, plus you could have paid a fortune for a type rating and line experience.

I suggest you take whichever route that gets you onto the paid airline ladder the quickest and I believe that will be CTC.

SW