Thread: BRISTOL - 2
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2006, 17:53
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WATABENCH
Blimey MV, No offence but you must of been daaaaaaaamn bored last night mate
No, I was watching Argentina v Mexico at the same time. More entertaining than England v Ecaudor that I've just sweated through but at least we won and live to face another potential defeat.

It doesn't take long with high speed broadband and I always look at the easyJet schedules when they are published as I like to use the airline for cheapies (I shall give them another chance despite being let down by them recently), and the best fares are to be had at the beginning.

Interesting that all nine 'late' evening arivals are scheduled in between 2145 and 2225 because even in the winter the last Orange arrivals are usually just before midnight.

Doubtless this is to assist the £20 million (that's the figure given in the Consultative Committee minutes on the BRS website) runway resurfacing due to take place overnight this coming winter. The MD spoke of 'enormous logistics' with the runway being handed over to contractors each night from October until the job is done.

I suppose having a short runway must save a few quid when it comes to resurfacing.