PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines Interview
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2006, 15:35
pira

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MonK,
as I said before, those things were difficult to me, the culture change was too much for me and for many others.
The fact they are selfish, sorry for the word, but is a FACT! They just don't know how to live in a society.That's my point of view and I do respect those who disagree.
Most of the procedures, including the circling app, are not from Boeing. They are created to adapt the common sense and expected level of airmanship presented in the Boeing FCTM into a Mathematical formula that can be memorized by them.
Once again, I don't intend to criticise any culture, society or company, but I honestly think that there are lots of better options in the world right now.
Pilots applying for CAL must understand that they will not get what is written on the contract and that they will not have a career.I CAN GUARANTEE THIS!!
If someone feels that this is his time to move, to go to somewhere different or even to get some widebody experience, I think this is fine, but don't go for a career and be prepared to live in an Island that has, at least, 2 earthquakes a week and some Hurricane seasons.
To answer your question more clearly, eating has a lot to do with CAL.I don't know if you have worked in the Far East or CAL specifically, but it is very difficult for many of the expats to deal with the chinese habits.It is just completely different and, although you are in a different society and culture it is very, very difficult to deal with it on a daily basis.
It is difficult to eat your poor crew meal in the cockpit and go to the toilet and see all the flight attendants eating first and businness class meals.And you know what? You can't complain!
MONK I'll tell you something.Any airline has it's own problems, but "orange55 said it precisely.You deserve to be treated well, professionaly and politely.This is a right that you have and you should never be satisfied with less than that! I don't expect any perfect job as I don't expect to be perfect myself, but I did move to be in peace with my mind, to restore my dignity, and to be proud to be a pilot.
In my opinion, as I said, this is the minimum "benefit" that an employer can give to an employee and, in CAL, you don't get this "minimum" package.
Hope I maid it clear now.
Best regards and fly safe,

Pira