PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multiple Sclerosis in the Services
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2006, 13:45
Stan Laver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Multiple Sclerosis in the Services

As a serving RAF helicopter pilot, I've recently been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. Faced with the 2 choices of giving up or bucking up, I've chosen the latter and am trying to raise money for MS,and in particular for the tri-Service Mutual Support Group, the MS charity for members and ex-members of the Services and their families.

I know it's cheesy, but I have included a link to a web site below which explains what the challenge I am doing is to raise funds. Please give the site a visit. Give it a stiff ignoring if you want; I won't be offended. But if you can, please do give a little as every little helps. The site is safe to use.

http://www.justgiving.com/monsterski

The Mutual Support Group is an affiliated group of the Multiple Sclerosis Society and has been invaluable to myself and to many others in the early days following diagnosis. It is not overly wealthy and needs help to be able to carry out its excellent work. I'm doing what I can with my monsterski challenge. Please support it if you can; anything would be appreciated.