PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vpaw Contract
Thread: Vpaw Contract
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2006, 03:00
Capt Under Pants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't need to apply mate, already there and I Don't have that much of a problem with it really, if it is done properly. From my experience though this is seldom done and causes problems within the organisations themselves because they don't do it right.
If Mr Selfish is right and it is 500 hours total time, do you really think being given approval for multi-engine single pilot IFR captain is sound? I don't care if your Chuck Yeager or not.
I hope they are smart and apply certain limitations on what he can or can't do until this individual builds the necessary experience so 1. he himself can feel comfortable tackling any situation presented, 2. The other crew feel comfortable with him and there is no talk behind the poor guy's back and 3. he does not do something that at that point may be outside his skill level.
It is unfair to the individual to put him in that situation.
Maybe I wrote the previous post incorrectly or too sarcasticly Mungrel, but don't get me wrong, they should promote within, it makes sense in many ways. But as I said before, if it is done correctly.