PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly roster?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2006, 01:41
waffles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simba 7
The new carmen rostering system allows (in theory) pilots to place preferences on how they will be rostered.
One of the preferences that can you can bid for is for nightstops at the destination and the minimum time you wish to spend there.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there will be many nightstops abroad on the 737 fleet.
Also, it will depend which company in the TUI network you are hoping to work for. There will be large variations between the various companies due to their network, type of operation etc.

" Another query!!!! For those of you that have lots of experience......is it better to start your career with someone like TUI on a 737 and fly european destinations.....or to get with a bigger company flying a bigger jet? "

I am still an inexperienced pilot who considers himself extremely lucky to be in the position I am right now and have only experienced short haul on the 737. If you are starting your career, the option of flying the 737 or a 'bigger jet with a bigger company' may be out of your hands. There are some extremely lucky candidates that may move straight to the larger jets. However, early in your career, with low experience levels, much of the priority should be on buliding your skills and experience levels. Medium/long haul on the 'bigger jets' doesn't offer the kind of training that short haul does. This is mainly because short haul allows you to practise many more take-offs and landings in a time period than long haul would allow.