PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2006, 00:43
walter kennedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Lord Glenarthur summarised the situation quite well – certainly it seems to me in the absence of any special tasking or imposed constraints not yet revealed that the Campaign doesn’t have a leg to stand on.
I have made a suggestion of an extraordinary tasking that I believe could possibly have explained what happened but no one else wants to follow it through.
I know that the requisite equipment was available around the time and that the fit was straightforward and cannot understand why it would not have been fitted to the first of the new, beaut HC2s. It was, after all, a significant ability for such a helo to be able to home in (getting range and azimuth) on a PRC 112 held by personnel awaiting extraction/ resupply, etc. Some of the team on board would surely have been interested in a demo.
If it was not, just when was the first such equipment fitted and tried out in an HC2?
(A straightforward and, after such a time, innocuous question, I would have thought and at least an interesting topic.)