PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHC pilot vacancies
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2006, 23:25
SASless

Received 523 Likes on 218 Posts
Two of the Bristow office wallahs in Lagos are already doing back to back tours are they not? Surely the pilots and engineers will be on to that kind of deal too shortly? Right?

Spin,

Back on December 10th, I made the following post which began a thread mocking CHC's Human Resources in particular and the HR concept in general. You posted in that thread as well.

If you do in fact have an "in" with the "The Boss Fellah", how about making a copy of that and send it to him by e-mail....perhaps a long conversation about their hiring practices might be enlightening to him.

Human Resource Departments.....What a Joke!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heliport,

I apologize in advance for what I am about to do....but this job advert proves the new age Human Resources concept at helicopter companies has lost all touch with reality.

This ad was posted at a US based web site that proclaims itself to be the best helicopter web site in the world.....but falls a wee tad short of that claim. (Miles actually....but it is improving.)

Before you read the ad.....ask yourself these questions.

(1) If I were the recruiter for a major international helicopter operator..."Should I be able to research known data in order to identify potential candidates for very new aircraft types prior to posting an open ad in the media?"

(2) Exactly how many pilots in the world fit the criteria I am posting?

(3) Are there any ways to identify candidates without posting an ad?

The Ad......

Position: Oil Industry Pilot Posted: 12/7/2005
Company :
XXXXXXXX- Global Operations
(p) XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
(e) [email]XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Contact Person :
Pilot Recruiter

Job Location :

Outside USA

Job Description:

XXX Helicopter Corporation is the world's largest provider of helicopter services to the global offshore oil and gas industry, with aircraft operating in more than 30 countries around the world. XXX Global Operations is seeking experienced IFR offshore pilots with S92 and/or AB139 experience. Candidates must be willing to travel extensively and work on rotation. Typical rotations are 6 weeks on / 6 weeks off. Candidates may reside at any location globally. XXX offers a competitive compensation and benefits program. Required Competencies: · Cooperative team players capable of dealing with changing deadlines and priorities. · Flexibility with changing requirements regarding work hours/days, location and travel. · Support of continual safety and quality improvement. · Ability to work cooperatively in culturally diverse environments. · Valid passport. · Captains 3000 hrs/1000 Multi. · Co-pilots 1500 Hours/500 Multi. · Current FAA/JAR/ICAO/Canadian ATPL and IFR. · No less then 300 hours offshore experience. · Experience with one or more of the following types: - S92 - AB139 TO APPLY: Visit www.xxxglobal.ca - Careers Link Please note that contact with applicants will only be made based on the demand for additional personnel.

If I were the XXX CEO....I would be asking some very direct questions of my HR Director!

Exactly how many pilots in the world are current on both....the S-92 and AB-139 I ask you? Just how many are current on either for that matter? Think you could come up with a list if you took just a few minutes to research where the aircraft are....and make a few inquiries with people you know in the industry?

XXX HR must have a computer program that has little bitty boxes with aircraft types....and those boxes get an "X" put in them if you are qualified in that particular aircraft. No "X" and your name does not pop out of the computer when a search is done. Thus...no matter your experience....unless the computer pulls your name out of the hat.....you do not get considered.

This is just the most extreme case of that concept being applied I have seen yet.

I would suggest to XXX, they hire a Recruiter....and have him work for the Chief Pilot/Director of Ops.....their results would be better. It is time they got out of the computer Resume business and got back into the "Human" resource business and have pilots hire pilots....engineers hire engineers....and HR types do the paperwork.

Am I being unfair in my dislike for such systems....that are stereotypical of "HR" mafia's in the modern business world?

I think I much prefer that personal touch that used to be the standard in the helicopter industry. Maybe I am just being a dinosaur about this.

Last edited by SASless; 24th Jun 2006 at 23:39.