PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is T.fly Pay That Good?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2006, 22:52
Fly Better!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is T.fly Pay That Good?

Hi,
I have trawled the forums and come up with lots of different figures for and F/O on the 737 with Thomsonfly, its all left me a little confused Some say top line 50 to 75k but that includes flexi time.

My understanding is that the basic for someone like me (3500 hours 2500 jet, with 1600 command) joining as an F/O would be about 40k, less 2 k a year for 5 years to pay for the type rating.

Forgetting flexi pay (as its not guaranteed, and I haven’t got a clue what it is anyhow ) what would be a safe amount to base my decision on (which Ill get to in a minute), including flight pay and duty pay. I currently earn 49k and take home around 2900 pm.

The decision I have to make is do I take a T.fly job as an F/O or do I take another job I have had offered which is a direct entry command which pays about 51k a year without any sector pay.

In the long term I know which is the better job, and that’s T.fly, however I have to feed the family and pay the mortgage, I am unsure if I can do that with T.fly which is why I need some facts.

Thanks for any info guys /girls.