PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BUCKINGHAMSHIRE UNI FLYING TRAINING
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2006, 15:10
EGGD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are going to do the aptitude tests, be prepared to pay 20 quid for it whether you were told about it or not. Throughout the course there are a lot of hidden charges that you will not be aware of before you started. Always keep account of what you are paying for and what you need to pay for because you'll find the costs will build up. I don't think the course is any cheaper than just doing an Integrated course with Cabair and you should really look carefully at whether the degree is as relevant enough to your career choice to warrant doing the course. Personally my feeling is that going on to become a First Officer with an Airline I would not need the degree.

However from the other point of view it is an experience you would not have going through a flying school or doing an integrated course, John Furley is a good guy who does his best to make sure all his students are happy and do not have any problems including a lack of communication with the flying school, he would always try to get your situation sorted. The people you meet when you join the course are great people and the first year you'll have a great time.

I'm not saying do this course, or avoid it, but don't just jump into it because it promises an ATPL and an honours degree because it is not that simple.