PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2006, 13:03
sikeano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how low will virgin go to do a dirty on ba

ba has been in the news in the recent weeks some dodgy shiek buying it and now the price fixing scandal with a cartel but in the times today page 7 an article by angela jameson an industrial correspondent, she says quote " a tip off from british airways's arch rival virgin atlantic prompted competetion authorities on both sides of the atlantic to investigate price fixing and collusion at the uk's biggest passenger airline "
the background to the investigation is believed to be a number of conversations last year between, yes get this right a ba executive and a virgin executive regarding the timing and impact of raising fuel surcharges .
virgin executives realising that the conversations contravened competition law,are understood to have approached the oft with evidence
ba and virgin refused to comment on the latter's role
Intresting this is if the oft finds ba guilty thanks to virgin
means ba will lose its dominant position at heathrow to america routes to other airlines and bringing down ticket prices
well good news to slf i suppose
but my question is this (deal or no deal )
did virgin try to do a dirty on ba
it is time to vote off the weakest link
(sorry about the puns i watch too much telly nowadays since i retired from raf)

p.s an online link if you wish from times just to let you know what i am about at http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/arti...237801,00.html