PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2006, 10:14
Piper2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eyesight question

Hi,
I'm a CPL holder in Oz. About 2 weeks ago I saw an optician about slightly blurry vision and was told that i need glasses/contacts for distance vision. My prescription was -0.50 Right eye, -0.75 Left eye. And when i had the contacts in my corrected vision was fine.

Now just today i found out that the trial contacts i've been wearing for the last 2 weeks are the wrong prescription. They are slightly stronger, -0.75 Right eye and -1.00 left eye. My question is, does wearing the slightly stronger prescription make my eyesight worse than it was 2 weeks ago? And should i stick to these contacts, or get a set made up to the original prescription?

Obviously I'm a little stressed about this. I've already told CASA my ORIGINAL prescription, and they say its not problem. I just hope that my eyes havent gotten any worse because of a cock up by the optician. Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Also, and pilots living in melbourne who wear glasses, if you have any recommendations of a good opticians, please send them to me. The people i've been to dont seem to know their stuff!

Feel free to PM me