PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NSW EMS (NGO or Private operator)
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2006, 04:45
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Future EMS NSW

Shouting just a tad there JAT mate. Some good points have emerged; especially SB’s notes re availability and I tend to agree with the dedicated professional approach.
Here are a couple more firelighter observations but not grenades.

First, the clip below predicts that those that cover under the veil of “charity” need to be bloody careful less the taxman may take the view that some of your legit deductions don’t turn out quite so legit in the future.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200606/s1670851.htm

While tax is federal and the fed govt couldn’t give a flying root in a thunderstorm about state issues it is the state that pays for state services, or as others have pointed out their taxpayers do.

What do state Govt’s think? 1) All oz states are labor. 2) Labor party worldwide employs advertising agencies to get re-elected not constructive policies. 3) In the NT an internal letter was leaked that showed that even though the govt when faced with its most embarrassing issue, that of aboriginal housing / child sexual abuse etc, the first thing that they focused on was their re-election stocks regardless for any inspiration toward the very unfortunate victims of the issue.

That is what the potential successful tenderer is dealing with.

Another point that comes to mind is the good advice that Mr Bristow got from his accountant, re suitablitity / affordability of product.

There are those that pander that big is best, and others that smallest suitable is best. We certainly do not need flying twenty bed hospitals, good for train smashes but hopeless when hovering downtown (because they are too big to land) the down at heel suburbs as they will only blow away the houses of all of the needy (and remember this) non tax paying residents.

I also believe that Vice Likes’ nom de plume, style and signature is abhorrent and look forward to the day when his flamboyant brashness is curtailed somewhat. If he owns the outfit he hints that he is part of well he can say what he likes. Of course with the rider that if his comments are still in the same vein then he will be regarded with the same disdain. If he doesn’t own it then someone should point out to the owners just how their shopfront is being displayed.

Certainly if I was competing for the said contract and even though pprune is a gossip column with absolutely no liablility for substance I would work out how to use his comments to my advantage by portraying them as the attitude of the company that he represents. Very small beer there Mr Vice Like!

Apart from that I reckon JAT has come up with the best common sense outcome so far but hey, since when has any oz govt tender system been based on common sense?