PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Salary/Allowances.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2006, 17:52
Crew Use Only

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, Amtba.

Your post states exactly my concerns about joining Virgin. It is not the travel benefits that appeal to me, nor even the large route network (ive been lucky to have seen a lot of places over the past 10 years) but I just want an airline with proper drive, organisation and direction which my airline at the moment does not (and has no hope of achieving soon without a miracle!) but the way I perceive it as an outsider (maybe someone will correct me) virgin does have this!!

Someone commented the other day that all Virgin crew either live "at home" with their parents or have rich partners who will sub their meagre wage which I think was a rude and unjustified comment as surely things are not that bad - I have noticed most Virgin crew seem happy and motivated and most I have bumped into downroute have been friendly and good fun.

I've accepted I'm never gonna be rich (or I woudln't be crew!!) but I really think I need to tighten my belt and economise and start fresh with a new carrier ASAP and get my foot on the ladder again - and quickly!

Of course I will have to suceed at the interview but although there are a couple of schools of thought about airlines hiring experienced crew (especially if I don't have a very good reason why I want to leave the airline I am with!!) I think my chances are ok as Virgin seem to be expanding so rapidly - much more than other carriers.

Of course I'd love to fly for my countries national flag carier but that will take time to be hired then get Long Haul again - and I'm not getting younger!