PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GF does it again... DECs!!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2006, 09:11
LDG NO BLUE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trader
BigEasy, my point was clear - I was not complaining rather I was attempting to explain that moving to the 340/330 is not the godsend people think it is. My friends on the 320 make quite a bit more than I do on the paystub. The last 2 months has seen less OT but prior to that they made good cash.
The simple fact is the Euro stops are bloody expensive so even if I have the same TAFB as the 320/767 guy I spend significantly more of it. Again, it is all point of view is it not? MY sked also flops from day to night far more than the 320/767 guys. I have the skeds of both fleets in front of me. My sked has blocks where I fly all day, 24 hours off, fly all night, 24 hours, fly all day, 24 hours off, fly all night. My sleep pattern changes 4 times. Far less of that on the other fleets.
Anyway, not to belabour the point, but it 'ain't all roses' on the 330/340.

Hi there Trader!

330/340 schedules are far more stable then a 320/767. I don't think there is room for interpretation, since the kind of long haul operation naturally implies less flexibility, leading to less changes. They would change, if they could!

You are complaining about flying all day, 24 hours rest and flying all night?
At least you have 24 hours rest because of the kind of operation the 330 does, we got 11 hours only, or 12 now in BAH.

I don't blame you to be completely out of the loop on what's going on with the 320 fleet. Maybe if you had a taste of flying a cute CCU and fight your way back to MCT and dead head to BAH with 15-16 h night duty, you would appreciate the more civilized operation on the LH fleet.

LNB