PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight under A conditions
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2006, 08:16
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DFC

What safety evidence do you have to be of the opinion that tightening of the "A" conditions regulations is warrented ?

In twenty years I have not seen the system abused by any engineers and only once by an aircraft owner (who the CAA took action aganst after a report from the engineer who issued the certificate)

There are countless reasons why an aircraft may not reach the place of maintenance in time the weather and overrun at the maintenance shop are two that the owner can't control.

When issuing this certificate now the engineer still has to take full technical responsability, the CAA are unlikely to look at the aircraft all they do is shuffle the paper and charge £80.

If I could see any inprovement in safety standards I would have no objection to the changes, but all I see is a reduction in safety standards because of the pressure that the change puts on owners.

The stark reality is that we now have to pay more for no advantage and a posable reduction in safety standards the CAA regulation system has produced one of the safest GA systems in the world, are we now going to chuck this all away under the influence of some of the worst GA regulators for the sake of european integration?