PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus may offer Qantas a stop-gap
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2006, 04:31
Lucius Vorenus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Simon T,

I am humbly impressed by your qualifications.

I don't believe I offer vitriole..just offering realistic opinions.

As for the rest of your diatribe you are obviously a lay person.
(Strike two) You wouldn't have any idea what my quals are just as I have no (true) idea of yours.

I just offer what I see are valid points.

Further I dont believe that Dixon or Il Duce have tertiary qualifications that are conducive to running an airline.
Yes, you're right..neither knows anything about running an airline. So far they've just been lucky, right?

It doesn't matter that Ansett management did not make the tough decisions does it..they were always going to fail because of Air New Zealand? What twaddle!

Personal attacks..lack of coherent argument..where have I heard that before?

Jetsbest, yep you're right, no downside for management.
(apart from telling 1000 employees that they no longer have a job) and that's easy, right?

So it's poor form for QFinsider to express a business opinion, but you could command a heavy jet from "A" to "B", planning for Alternate "C" at night in foul weather, with an engine failure, high terrain, poor ATC and dubious navigation aids? Do you know what an ATPL is?
Old pal, you, QF insider and any fool can express an opinion here but I also reserve the right to call that opinion less than well based. Yes, I know what an ATPL is but I would conversely suggest that many pilots do not have a working grasp of the true state of the airline industry. What they have is a wish-list of half truths and bar talk which is not based on any fact.

Most consider it a degree-level course when all the experience and practical elements are weighed in.
Agreed. A degree in Aviation is not a degree in Aviation Management or Business.

My comment on Porsches is in reply to our illustrious self-proclaimed commercial lawyer Simon T who insinuated it is a sin to order one if you are an executive.

Lagrange, thanks for the information. I would never have known that business is tough.

Keep the name calling out of it, LV.

Woomera (Eastern States)