PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Suspensions / Mt Cook Airlines
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2006, 02:02
Airslasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any more news re these suspensions?
Nike, they were just day suspensions due to crews refusing to fly flights after unscheduled overnights as per the strike notice (well, crews offered to position to Christchurch empty but were told no thanks, and then in some cases non-union pilots were paxed in to do just that!) Hence some pilots were told to find their own way home to Christchurch from the places they were stuck in. About the lowest most digusting act from the company in the dispute so far. Real "Family Culture" attitude being shown from the management. The stream of crap being spouted is beyond a joke. At least the company's tactics have brought and kept the troops all together. If you're keen on Cook, get the CV in, a lot of good people are assessing their options and there might be some folks moving on sooner than they planned to. Taking it's toll on the non-union guys too having to pick up so much slack. All this nonsense for pilots, cabin crew, ops, check-in and traffic staff and passengers is ridiculous. At least Vincent is loving it I guess!

Good on you Cloud and others, the guys (and gals!) appreciate the support from you all. As for Stoidiouy, I thinking dropping the 's' is more befitting of you.

P.S. The meeting this week referred to earlier went, well you can probably guess..........