PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus admits further delay on A380
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2006, 00:31
vapilot2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's really interesting now is the way the respective companies deal with their problems, and the impact "friendly fire" will have on the collective effort to solve them. My guess is that Airbus will suffer more from friendly fire than from anything else.
Let us hope this will not be the end result. A weakened Airbus is not good for the airlines, Boeing or EADS.

The French government should implement some rational ideas - ideas that include change where it is truly needed - not some symbolic sacrifice in an overt attempt to burnish the corporate image. They should avoid emotional overreaction and cronyism. (good luck here)

I do agree with the Germans that a certain someone should take a hike - without taking the company (along) for a (an expensive) ride.

Infighting never looks good and will scare away the clientele. I am reminded of my mother and father - never arguing about serious matters in public - always showing solidarity where it counts - this is how a good company should also behave.

I went to Long Beach in 2001 for MD-11 training (the first time).

Had a day off and ventured to the corporate gift store in the old MacDac plant.

EVERY reminder of McD was gone. Not a single sticker, patch or model available. Instead - all Boeing, all the time.

They even had "Boeing DC-8" patches. Oh, the humanity....
I have been to Long Beach and you know, Huck, that has always made me ill when I think about it. So serious is the idiocy involved that this should be discussed in it's own thread here. When a younger person points out a Boeing 717 - I will always see it as the MD-95. And lord help them if they point out a 'Boeing' DC-10 to me.

Last edited by vapilot2004; 23rd Jun 2006 at 00:53.