PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus admits further delay on A380
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2006, 23:47
broadreach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thunderball, I certainly batted an eyelid, as I'm sure did anyone else reading that post. But that's about all; one wades through the trash and carries on reading.

Much more significant is the Flight article (and, Dozy, putting all journos in the same category is a bit like putting all, to take something current, football players or even, heretically perhaps, pilots).

That article points up (one of) the dangerous differences between companies that have to survive on their wits (and all that goes with same, including political connections) and those where politics is at very top of the agenda. Not visible when things are going ok, paramount when they're not.

Airbus's difficulties with the 380 and Boeing's with the 787 are essentially similar, those encountered when you venture into hitherto unexplored areas. Same with software, cars, what have you, higher stakes perhaps. They will all surely be resolved. Somehow.

What's really interesting now is the way the respective companies deal with their problems, and the impact "friendly fire" will have on the collective effort to solve them. My guess is that Airbus will suffer more from friendly fire than from anything else.