PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Airlines
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2006, 23:24
dustybin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin Boi i think your friend may be making it sound worse than it is, i know it can be bad but not that bad, it could be were they were based. Pinkaroo I totally agree with every single thing you said, i used to work for them to and left for the same reason. The last sales meeting with PB i attended he told us he could go to tesco's and replace us if we were not happy. New people were also on lower wages than us for doing the same job. Don't get me wrong i had a fab time and meet load of brilliant people, even my best friend at Monarch but they way the treat people is not to good.
I used to move bases every six months with no financal help at all as i was a junior, yet seniors got petrol money, put in a hotel for 2 weeks to find a place to live and £400 extra a month to pay for rent. They also left it to the last minute last year to tell us we were not getting our transfers so they lost alot of good staff because of it, they also waited until all other airlines had recruited before they told us. I didn't even get a exit interview for my troubles, i got a photocopied questionaire in my file.
But Monarch are not alone in how they treat thier staff.