PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - class 1 - finally booked it!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2006, 22:17
Sagey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well when I was there, no one had to run around the car park. Mind you, my heart was raising as I know that I didn't relax. I know that my blood pressure was also sky high - fortunately only the top number (the bottom is apparently the important one) - as I called my Dad after my medical (he is a Dr) to see if that was really bad (I knew what was normal and my top number was above it). The medical isn't designed to catch you out. It isn't designed to to be an obstacle. It is there to ensure that you are medically fit to fly. It cost me a lot of money as I had to get two pairs of glasses following it (my prescription is the lowest that you can get) - but that does demonstrate how thorough it is, but also how fair it is. . It is hard but try to relax. I cannot say that it is the most pleasant few hours of my life, but it certainly wasn't as bad as I was anticipating. As I have said before, all of the staff are extremely friendly and extremely professional. You cannot ask for more than that IMO. There are no tricks, there are no catches, the medical is designed to see if you meet what is deemed to be the medical requirements to fly. That doesn't mean that those requirements won't change in a week/a month/ a decade. It just means that if you meet the requirements on the day that you go, you receive a Class One. If you need further investigations, you get referred and if you don't meet them you are told why.

Last edited by Sagey; 23rd Jun 2006 at 07:14.