PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My trip to stores
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2006, 22:08
TrembleInAmf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After many a idle hour reading other peoples thoughts and stories i thought i would through my hat into the ring (or i would if the supply chain would issue me one).

During the last adventure in the sand was the first time i had seen a certain rigger snco speachless, (most people at scotland finest fighter base will know him). As we waited for the bully off and as more kit than we had ever seen before rolled into PSAB, a rather young SAC stacker wandered into rects control and asked for the Rects Controller. On getting his attention he informed him that "his de-icing equipment had arrived".

Stunned silence reigned for the minute before the rects controller asked for his DEFCON meter to be moved up a notch, and we made a hasty retreat to the "Rolling Bland".

A few weeks later we noticed that the permy staff were wandering around in rather gucci white high wicking t shirts whilst we melted in our lovely thick green t shirts designed for more northerly climes. A visit by our resident "time bomb" soon found out that these t shirts had run out as the permy's had been issued 2 each. Unfortunately nobody could get the "timebomb" a brew quick enough to calm him down and he exploded. The next day however we were offered desert dpm field jackets they had found in am ISO