PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - class 1 - finally booked it!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2006, 21:39
Leezyjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Whirlybird
The only thing I know for certain out of your questions is that they won't make you run round the car park.
There is definitely no beasting around the car park. There is a treadmill in the AMC that they can connect you up to, to monitor your ticker if they want to check it under stress but have no fear, you should not be expected to run anywhere.
That must be new then. When I was there back in OCT/NOV, one guy DID have to run around the car park - and he was the only one wearing a full suit/shirt/tie/shoes. When my friend was there for his Class one, someone had to run round the car park also.

Not everyone has to do this however, it all depends on your heart rate. Some people can get their heart rate up just by doing the standard thing they get you to do (walking up and down 2 steps IIRC), others can't and its those that have to do the run round the car park.

If your pretty sure your heart rate will go up with just a few minutes of physical excersise then don't wear trainers, if you are not then take them with you just incase.

I seem to remember that the information that you get sent suggests that you should not wear contact lenses for 72 hours prior to the medical. It might be worth giving them a call and checking the position with contact lenses. I believe that you need to get the CAA to sign you off in terms of wearing contact lenses and flying as well.]
Yeah that sounds about right. Take them and your glasses with you (and ANY medication you take). They will test your glasses to make sure they are the correct strength and sign you off to wear them or contacts. I had just changed job roles prior to having mine, meaning I wasn't wearing my contacts as often, so they wouldn't sign me off to wear them at that stage, although I can go back in future if I wish to wear them.

I am naturally assuming that you are female so if it is a male Dr that you have to see then you will get a nurse to accompany you as well.
Funny isn't it that if it's a male Dr testing a woman, a female nurse has to be present, yet when it's a guy being checked by a woman Dr, there is usually no male present.