PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Licence Questions (requirements, costs, hours, LASORS etc.)
Old 22nd Jun 2006, 15:13
Quarto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATPL Theory or SEP Revalidation. A little help required

Hi,
I am looking for a little advice from some wise people.
I currently hold a JAA PPL(A) and I am looking at undertaking the ATPL. I have looked into both methods (integrated and modular) and due to personal circumstances i.e. I need to keep working to help finance the studies, modular appears to be the best option. I am very fortunate in my current work (I’m a physics teacher) that I have six weeks in the summer and other holidays available. Due to a variety of reasons (university, work and geographical location) I have been unable to fly since I obtained the PPL in 2004. Consequently I have the problem that I am not current and my SEP rating is about to expire. My question is this: should I spend my time over the summer revalidating the PPL and building a few hours or should I commence the ATPL theory work with an organisation like Bristol GS?
I am genuinely unsure about the way forward and would welcome any advice that anyone has to offer. It will be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks,
Quarto