PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Days off
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2006, 14:40
145qrh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just over 8 days of per month so far this year, looks a bit different to your original post , however factual it may be.

As for the bits of other days , I'm pretty sure that when asked about days off it was xx days the guy was after, ie whole days without duty, in other words days off, not rest days because they are , well days for rest and a duty that is 15 hours long and gets you home at 8am is also not day off despite the the fact you spend most of the day at home, well in bed mostly.

Emirates is not a charity we all realise that, neither is it a rest home for the world weary airline pilot, but the roster quality and lack of crew make it a very tiring place to be. Fatigue is a constant problem for many people as is poor quality of life when they do get their 8 days of recuperation. A few more crew and less restrictive roster build criteria would be great. If I want to do 3 JFK in a month why cant I, same for trips to Europe, why only 3 allowed. I would hazard a guess at the piss poor bidding system and general ineptitude of the management to realise that it would not take much to please people, and I know that you will never please all of the people all of the time, our bosses use that as excuse tho' not to do anything.

TP, you are happy , that much is obvious, from your many postings on this and other forums. I'm glad you are happy, but you and a very few others are the exception rather than the rule.

It's hard to quantify how many people are happy with EK at the moment, depends on background and expectations, our American brothers, from both North and South are blissfully happy with there new lot, and I bet that our Local management are pissing themselves laughing at pilots willing to prostitute themselves to the lowest bidder.

I know how hard it is to get genuine factual info about Emirates and how we work , but like the stock market past performance is no indication are future performance. We work harder than we should for the salary we get.
I just wish I knew then what I know now, and is seems a shame that it has gone downhill so quickly so fast, when I joined there was little negative written about EK. Has change now, there is very little positive written, and I think the best way of putting it is, "it's better than no job ,but not by much" .

It used to be regarded as thee job to get, now it's just a quick way to wide body time before you get a proper job with a decent carrier....

EMIRATES...English
Managed
Indian run
Arabs
Take
Enormous
Salaries

Last edited by 145qrh; 22nd Jun 2006 at 15:04.